Quality & Food Safety Policy
“We, the management and staff at Bell Foods are committed to process, quality and safe seafoods and other fish products to satisfy our customers, through latest technology, innovation, conforming to the highest quality standards. We value for our consumer reliability by enforcing the quality standards and are monitored right from the procurement of raw material to the end product. It is the duty and responsibility of every individual in the company to ensure that, we do not process or export any product that is unsafe for human consumption”
- The pre-processing, processing, packaging, storing, transportation, distribution, handling, plant operation and sale/supply of materials are carried out in the most hygienic way.
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) checks thoroughly analysing the potential food hazards in laboratory and organoleptic standards at every processing stage with traceability codes.
- Potable water is as specified in Council is used to ensure the frozen foodstuffs are not contaminated.
- Ensure that every person working or visiting the food handling areas are maintaining a high degree of personal cleanliness.
- Conveyances, equipment and containers used for storing and transporting are kept clean and with proper maintenance.
- No raw materials or ingredients are accepted with any additives or chemicals to preserve the quality of end products.
- Establish Quality, Environmental and occupational health and safety objectives at relevant levels and functions within the Company and periodically evaluate the performance.
- Prevent injuries and ill health of our Employees, Contractors or Visitors.
- Prevent environmental pollutants caused by Companies operations by reducing emissions, effluents/discharges and waste. Furthermore, to improve the efficient use of natural resources and energy.
- Implement an Integrated Management System, including re-certification of HACCP and complete the certification process for Food Safety Management System (ISO 22000).
- Compliance to all statutory and regulatory requirements applicable to EXIM BELL.